- Windows Media Video (wmv)
- Flash Video (flv)
- MPEG-4 Part 14 (mp4)
- Quicktime (mov)
It will also convert:
- Images (e.g., gif, jpeg, tiff, eps)
- Documents (e.g., Microsoft Office files, pdf, csv)
- Music (e.g., mp3, wav, flac)
- eBooks (e.g., epub, mobi)
- Compressed formats (e.g., zip, rar)
- Video presets (e.g., Apple TV, DVD, iPod, iPad, iPhone, PS3, Xbox 360, YouTube)
Zamzar uses a simple, four-step process to convert your files:
- Select the file from your computer.
- Choose the conversion format.
- Enter your email address. Zamzar will send you a link to download your file after conversion has finished.
- Click the Convert button.
So, what's the catch? Well, files to be converted must be less than 100MB. This will rule out large video files. Also, it can take some time before the actual link to download your file is sent to your email inbox. While these two caveats may be a deal breaker for some, others will find Zamzar to be a lifesaver in some challenging media usage situations. Try it out at: http://www.zamzar.com.